· Mid July- Late October
· Use peppers raw with dips or in salads.
· Add them to vegetable stir- fries, stuff and bake, chop into relishes, sauces and salsas.
· Be careful when cutting hot peppers. They will burn your eyes and sensitive skin. Wear protective gloves.
· Will keep in the refrigerator for at least one week.
· Low in calories and high in vitamins A and C.
HOW TO FREEZE PEPPERS:
Wash thoroughly. Cut out stem end and remove seeds of green and red peppers. Halve, slice, or dice. Hot peppers can be frozen whole. Do not blanch. Package and freeze.