· Mid June- Late October
· Can be eaten raw in salads, baked, stir- fries, and sautéed.
· Do not overcook collards as it will turn limp and mushy.
· Unwashed Swiss Chard placed in a perforated bag will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
· Swiss chard is high in vitamins A, E and C, and calcium and iron.
· High in fiber and low in calories.
HOW TO FREEZE SWISS CHARD:
Cut off large, tough stems; discard all damaged leaves. Wash thoroughly several times. Blanch 1 lb. of greens in 2 gallons of water. Blanch for 2 minutes. Cool immediately in cold water, drain, package, and freeze.