· Mid June- Early October
· Because of their bland flavor, zucchini lends themselves to many different cooking applications, taking on the flavor of whatever they’re cooked with.
· Try using them as a substitute for rice, pasta, or potatoes.
· Young, tender zucchini are excellent raw with dips or in salads.
· They’re also delicious steamed, fried, sautéed, stuffed, or baked in breads.
· Zucchini will keep for about 7-10 days in a refrigerator.
· Provides some vitamin A and C as well as folate.
HOW TO FREEZE ZUCCHINI:
Chose young zucchini with tender skin. Wash, slice; blanch 3 minutes. Cool immediately in cold water, drain and put into freezer bags. Freeze.